1. WHO WE ARE
This data privacy, use and retention notice (the “Privacy Notice”) applies to all personal information collection and processing activities carried out by AI Art Inc. and its group (together, “AI Art”). AI Art is a data controller in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our business (including the products and services that we provide through the AI Art app). We respect individuals’ rights to privacy and to the protection of personal information. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how we collect and use personal information in connection with our business. “Personal information” means information about a living individual who can be identified from that information (either by itself or when it is combined with other information). We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do we will communicate any changes to you and publish the updated Privacy Notice on our website. We would encourage you to visit our website regularly to stay informed of the purposes for which we process your information and your rights to control how we process it.
2. THE INFORMATION WE PROCESS
We collect and process various categories of personal information at the start of, and for the duration of, your relationship with us. We will limit the collection and processing of information to information necessary to achieve one or more legitimate purposes as identified in this notice. Personal information may include:
- basic personal information, including name and address, date of birth and contact details;
- financial information, including account and transactional information and history;
- goods and services we provide to you;
- visual images and personal appearance (such as copies of passports or real-time biometric facial scans); and
- online profile and social media information and activity, based on your interaction with us and our websites and applications, including for example your login information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, smart device information, location coordinates, online and mobile app security authentication, mobile phone network information, searches, site visits and spending patterns.
We may also process certain special categories of information for specific and limited purposes, such as detecting and preventing financial crime or to make our services accessible to customers. We will only process special categories of information where we’ve obtained your explicit consent or are otherwise lawfully permitted to do so (and then only for the particular purposes and activities set out at Schedule B for which the information is provided). This may include biometric information, relating to the physical, physiological or behavioral characteristics of a person, including, for example, fingerprint or facial recognition or similar technologies to help us prevent fraud and money laundering. Where permitted by law, we may process information about criminal convictions or offenses and alleged offenses for specific and limited activities and purposes, such as to perform checks to prevent and detect crime and to comply with laws relating to money laundering, fraud, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, and international sanctions. It may involve investigating and gathering intelligence on suspected financial crimes, fraud and threats and sharing data with taxation, law enforcement and regulatory bodies.
3. HOW WE OBTAIN INFORMATION
Your information is made up of all the financial and personal information we collect and hold about you/your business and the proprietors, officers and beneficial owners of that business and your transactions. It may include:
- information you give to us;
- information that we receive from third parties – including other AI Art group companies, third parties who provide services to you or us, credit reference, fraud prevention or government agencies,
- and other financial institutions (where permitted by law);
- information that we learn about you through our relationship with you and the way you operate your accounts and/or services, such as the payments made to and from your accounts;
- information that we gather from the technology which you use to access our services (for example location data from your mobile phone, or an IP address or telephone number) and how you use it (for example pattern recognition); and
- information that we gather from publicly available sources, such as the press, the electoral register, company registers and online search engines.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
We want to make sure you are aware of your rights in relation to the personal information we process about you. We have described those rights and the circumstances in which they apply in the table at Schedule A. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, if you have any queries about how we use your personal information that are not answered here, or if you wish to complain to our Data Protection team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases, if you do not agree to the way we process your information, it may not be possible for us to continue to operate your account and/or provide certain products and services to you through the AI Art app. In the event our relationship with you terminated (for example, you choose to close your AI Art Account), you may request the erasure of your personal data by contacting email@example.com. Please note that AI Art will only comply with such requests to the extent it is legally obligated to and depending on your account activity until that date, certain personal data may be maintained in accordance with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing legislation to which AI Art is subject.
5. CHANGES TO THE WAY WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
From time to time we may change the way we use your information. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change we will notify you and will allow a period of at least 30 days for you to raise any objections before the change is made. However, please note that in some cases, if you do not agree to such changes it may not be possible for us to continue to operate your account and/or provide certain products and services to you through the AI Art app.
6. HOW WE MAY USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER AI Art GROUP COMPANIES
We will only use and share your information where it is necessary for us to lawfully carry out our business activities. Your information may be shared with and processed by other AI Art group companies. We want to ensure that you fully understand how your information may be used. We have described the purposes for which your information may be used in detail in a table in Schedule B – Purposes of Processing.
7. SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We will not share your information with anyone outside of the AI Art group except:
- where we have your permission;
- where required to provide your product(s) or service(s);
- where we are required by law and by law enforcement agencies, judicial bodies, government entities, tax authorities or regulatory bodies around the world;
- with other financial institutions and third parties where required by law to help recover funds that have entered your account as a result of a misdirected payment by such a third party;
- with third parties providing services to us, such as market analysis and benchmarking, correspondent banking, and agents and sub-contractors acting on our behalf, such as the companies which print our packing labels and provide your currency accounts;
- with other financial institutions to help trace funds where you are a victim of suspected financial crime and you have agreed for us to do so, or where we suspect funds have entered your account as a result of a financial crime;
- with debt collection agencies;
- with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
- with third-party guarantors or other companies that provide you with benefits or services (such as insurance cover) associated with your product or service;
- where required for a proposed sale, reorganization, transfer, financial arrangement, asset disposal or other transaction relating to our business and/or assets held by our business;
- in anonymized form as part of statistics or other aggregated data shared with third parties; or
- where permitted by law, it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, and it is not inconsistent with the purposes listed above.
If you ask us to, we will share information with any third party that provides you with account information or payment services. If you ask a third-party provider to provide you with account information or payment services, you’re allowing that third party to access information relating to your account. We are not responsible for any such third party’s use of your account information, which will be governed by their agreement with you and any privacy statement they provide to you. In the event that any additional authorized users are added to your account, we may share information about the use of the account by any authorized user with all other authorized users. AI Art will not share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your permission.
8. TRANSFERRING INFORMATION OVERSEAS
We may transfer your information to or your information may be collected directly by organizations in other countries (including other AI Art group companies, for example in Ukraine, where AI Art’s Customer Support function is located) on the basis that anyone to whom we pass that information or who collects it directly protects it in the same way we would and in accordance with applicable laws. In the event that we transfer information to countries outside of the European Economic Area (which includes countries in the European Union as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), we will only do so where:
- the European Commission has decided that the country or the organization we are sharing your information with will protect your information adequately;
- the transfer has been authorized by the relevant data protection authority; and/or
- we have entered into a contract (deed of adherence) with the organization with which we are sharing your information (based on the model clauses proposed by the European Commission) to ensure your information is adequately protected.
9. MARKETING INFORMATION
Upon signing up to use AI Art’s services, you may consent to hear from us regarding marketing updates. We will send you relevant marketing information (including details of other products or services provided by us or other AI Art group companies which we believe may be of interest to you), by email. If you change your mind about how you would like us to contact you or you no longer wish to receive this information, you can simply unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” in any previous communication we have sent or by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. COMMUNICATIONS ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT
We will contact you with information relevant to the operation and maintenance of your AI Art account (including updated information about how we process your personal information), by a variety of means including via, email, text message, and in-app notifications. If at any point in the future you change your contact details you should tell us promptly about those changes. We may monitor or record calls, emails, text messages or other communications in accordance with applicable laws for the purposes outlined in Schedule A – Purposes of Processing.
11. FRAUD PREVENTION
We may access and use information from fraud prevention agencies when you open your account and periodically to:
- manage and take decisions about your accounts;
- prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering; and
- check your identity and verify the accuracy of the information you provide to us;
Application decisions may be taken based solely on automated checks of information, for example from fraud prevention agencies and internal AI Art records. To help us make decisions on verifying your AI Art account, as well as transaction limits on your AI Art account, we look at information you give us when you apply for a AI Art Account; including biometric data such as your photograph and/ or facial scan, information regarding your location, age, nationality and/ or citizenship and other information which enables us to verify your identity and perform a risk assessment for money laundering and fraud prevention purposes. You have rights in relation to the automated decision-making used in the verification process, including a right to attempt account verification again, or contact our Customer Support team if your application is refused. We will also profile your AI Art.
Account to assign a risk rating for the purposes of fraud and unusual transaction monitoring and unauthorized access prevention. The information we will use to profile you will include your age, bank country of residence and status as a politically exposed person or otherwise. We will continue to collect and monitor information about how you manage your AI Art account including your account balance, payments into your account, the regularity of payments being made, and any default in making payments, while you have a relationship with us. This information may be made available to other organizations (including fraud prevention agencies and other financial institutions) so that they can take decisions about you. If false or inaccurate information is provided and/or fraud is identified or suspected, details will be passed to relevant fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies and other organizations may access and use this information. We cooperate fully to the extent of our legal obligations in the prevention of fraud, money laundering and counter-terrorism. If we, or a fraud prevention agency, determine that you pose a fraud, money laundering or other criminal risk, we may refuse to provide the services you have requested, or we may stop providing existing services to you. A record of any fraud, money laundering or other criminal risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies, and may result in others refusing to provide services, financing or employment to you. Fraud prevention agencies can hold your information for different periods of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your data can be held for up to six years. When fraud prevention agencies process your information, they do so on the basis that they have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity, in order to protect their business and to comply with laws that apply to them.
12. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
By providing you with products or services, we create records containing your information, such as customer account records and activity and transaction records. Records can be held on a variety of media (physical or electronic) and formats, but they are primarily held electronically. We manage our records to help us to better serve our customers (for example for operational reasons, such as dealing with any queries relating to your account) and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Records help us demonstrate that we are meeting our responsibilities and to keep as evidence of our business activities. Retention periods for records are determined based on the type of record, the nature of the activity, product or service, the country in which the relevant AI Art company is located and the applicable local legal or regulatory requirements. We (and other AI Art group companies) normally keep customer account records for up to six years after your relationship with AI Art ends. Retention periods may be changed from time to time (or waived where deemed low-risk) based on business or legal and regulatory requirements. Where there has been no activity on your AI Art account since it was opened, we may delete your data after a period of 6 months, as you will be deemed an "unactivated user". If there has been any transactional activity on your account, we will maintain your data until you request that we delete it, unless we are obligated to maintain such data to comply with our legal obligations. We may on exception retain your information for longer periods than those stated above, particularly where we need to withhold destruction or disposal based on an order from the courts or an investigation by law enforcement agencies or our regulators. This is intended to make sure that AI Art will be able to produce records as evidence, if they’re needed. If you would like more information about how long we keep your information, please contact us at: email@example.com